Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the student-teacher ratio?
Our aim is 10:1 so students can receive the attention they deserve.
2. How much homework is assigned?
We aim to be a Zero Homework school. Due to our blended approach to schooling and soccer students are able to tackle assignments during the course of the school day.
3. Do you offer a variety of classes for HS Students? College Prep Courses?
We offer over 89 choices in all the core classes and additional options for College Prep courses.
4. How do you handle make-up tests and assignments?
We work with the students in a timely manner.
5. Do you require medical records?
No, just immunization records and any medical requirements that need to be adhered to.
6. Are transcripts and Report Cards available?
Yes, we can provide transcripts. Student reports are updated weekly.
7. When is the first day of school?
The school year starts on August 15th. However, students can enroll at any time throughout the year.
8. Do you recognize national holidays?
Yes, we mimic a traditional western hemisphere school calendar and recognize national holidays. Families will be provided a calendar at the beginning of the school year so they can plan accordingly.
9. Are there Parent-Teacher conferences?
Yes, these meetings will be conducted twice per year.
10. Are laptops provided?
No, students are required to have a laptop.
11. Do you have placement testing to find a starting point for my child?
12. Is lunch provided?
No, students will be responsible for bringing their own lunch.
13. Do you have a payment plan for tuition?
Yes, we are always willing to work something out
14. Is there Scholarship money available?
We do have limited scholarships available, please contact us for more information.
15. How are Discipline and Correction situations handled?
Soccer and Education work hand in hand. One affects the other. In the end, the Dean of Students has the final say.
16. Does the school have a soccer team?
No, the students will continue to play on their respective clubs and teams.
17. Do you have a history in education blended with athletics?
Yes, Altitude has been in operation for 23 years now with a rich history of success for both athletes and students.
18. Is there a principal or Dean of Students?
Yes, we have schools located in other parts of the country and our Dean of Students maintains the highest set of standards.